Rent Collection Policy
- Rent is due and payable on the 1st day of the month.
- Rent is delinquent after 12pm on the 6th calendar day of the month.
- Late charges for delinquent rent payments are as follows:
- Failure to pay on or before the 6th calendar day of the month shall result in the assessment of a $25.00 late charge
- Tenants who do not pay their rent in full by the 14th calendar day of the month shall receive a written notice from the Garfield Housing Authority (hereinafter “Authority”), indicating that the Authority intends to file your case with the court by our attorney and evection proceedings will begin.
- PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT IT IS THE TENANT’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LEGAL FEES AS WELL AS COURT COSTS AFTER FOURTEEN (14) DAYS HAVE ELAPSED.
- A copy of the letter will be forwarded to our attorney, who will proceed with Summons and Complaint on the twentieth (20th) day of each month that rent is not received .
Copyright © Garfield Housing Authority. Equal Housing Opportunity.